Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Animals of All Kinds

I couldn't help it. I've been going through withdrawals, and so I decided to get my fix and then go back to studying, I promise. I've already taken a break, of sorts, from studying this morning, so I can't spend much time today doing much else.Plus, yoday has been an even more beautiful day than yesterday, with the highs supposed to be in the low 80's. I want to finish and then go sit outside!
Today, my hubby and I decided to take Little Man to the zoo. We decided to go to the smaller, closer one today, rather than the one more than an hour away and a little bigger. I've been to the bigger one several times already, with school trips and what-not, but I had never been to the closer one. So, we packed up and headed out. And yesterday, in conversation with his best friend, my hubby invited them along too. Unfortunately, my half of our friendship couldn't come along because she had class, but we got to take little Dillon instead. It was fun! The first time I took Little Man to the zoo, he was really too little to understand anything and for him, everything was a dog. So, this time was neat, because he knows that an owl hoots and a lion roars and then he could see a real live one, instead of the cartoon version. The cute part was that he called the turtles Franklin. HA! He did really well the whole time! He walked around and held our hands, he would ask to sit in the stroller when he got tired of walking, and he looked intently at the snakes and anything else that moved enough to catch his eye. It was sweet.
When we had seen it all and decided we were hungry for lunch, we got back into the car, where I was reminded that not all men have grown up, even when they have had kids. I prayed and prayed the whole way home for God to grant me temporary hearing loss, so that the things that my hubby and his best friend were discussing would not fall on ears that didn't want to hear such things. Why is it that men are so different from women in every possible aspect? On our way home, there was a car pulled off to the side, and a man/boy (we couldn't tell age) was standing next to his car relieving himself in broad daylight. No Joke. This then rendered up a whole slew of stories of when the two "men" in my car had done the same thing, either sharing personal stories, or reminding each other of "that time when..." Oh goodness. It was sad. I can't believe I had to sit and hear all of that. And I couldn't turn the radio up to tune them out because both little boys were asleep through the whole ride. Why did I have to say I'd drive?
Anyhow, we finally made it back home, so that Little Man could take a real nap, and that my husband could mope around wishing he was still hanging out with his friend and sharing stories. I, on the other hand, am back to studying that animal I call Math.

2 comments:

Jennboree said...

What a fun adventure! Bella just loves the zoo, especially the kangaroos and flamingos. The gorilla...not so much.

So have you and hubby decided how to handle public urination with Little Man?

Michelle said...

Hubby will probably encourage it, heck, even use it as a potty training mechanism in the summer time. I'm not so sure it's my favorite idea... but I didn't grow up a redneck.