I am done.
There is nothing more I can do.
It is now all in the hands of the graders.
Let them be merciful.
I know I didn't make a perfect score, but all I am praying for is an 80. If I make an 80, then I will be allowed to take the Master Math Teacher test in order to add one more certificate to my resume.
But there is no feeling like the feeling of turning in the one test that sums up three years worth of work. Three years worth of one weekend a month, and six weeks each summer. Of leaving my two-week old son for eight hours a day for six weeks while I attempted and successfully conquered Calculus and College Geometry. Of sitting in a handicapped bathroom stall pumping every couple hours because I hurt every time I thought/talked about him. Of making friends with women and men that I never would have met if it hadn't been for this class, and that I wouldn't have made it through these past three years without.
None of this would have been possible without the ever-present, ever-helpful support of my husband, my mother, and my mother-in-law, who always took care of my child when I had class or a test, or needed to study, or anything else that I needed to do to get this done.
More to come when I find out what I made on the test. But until then... I'm done. It's over. No more classes, no more books, no more homework! YEAH!
* Edited*
Please let me also include in my thank you anyone else who lent a helping hand... including my sister, Amanda Sue and her hubby, and other wonderful people that kept my child while I was at school. Please accept all apologies of forgetfulness or omission of names as it was not my intention to leave anyone out. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hooray! i thought about you today!
And not to sound too needy...your sister too?? :)
Glad it all turned out alright!! :) Your grade will be fine. You were always the one that could take tests...not me! :)
Post a Comment