Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Carolina Ditzy

Okay, I usually don't blog about watching a TV show, but tonight I just can't help it. On AI tonight, little hillbilly girl Kellie Pickler tried to come out of her little country shell and sing something a little more "risque." Never mind that the girl shouldn't be singing in front of a live audience, let alone on TV, but she's cute, and giggly and the boys like to watch her bounce up and down when she gets giddy.
On a previous show, she talked about eating calamari, and Simon teased her about how she said it. Tonight, Simon called her "a naughty little minx." She promptly asked Simon what a "minx" was, who couldn't do anything but giggle. Then at the end, she told Ryan she was a "mink." To which Ryan asked her if she had anything interesting for lunch today, and she said she had a new fish, a "SAL-mon!" All Ryan could do was respond, "okay" and turn away to give the numbers to dial. I was cracking up! Here they are, making fun of this little girl and her little accent and big city ignorance, and all she does is stand there bouncing, giggling, and making little boy dreams come true. My husband responded by saying that "even though she can't sing, we should keep her around for the laughs!"
Thank God for live TV, and for TiVo!

1 comment:

Hausfrau said...

Just minutes ago I relayed this same scene to my husband who missed the show. I think she is fun and refreshing, but my vote went to Mandisa. Three other children in the house though voted for the Pickler. I'm sure she'll be around for awhile.