You know how you always have a favorite number? Mine has always been seven. I don't really know what started this tradition, but it's just always been that way. Until now.
My child sat down with his daddy the other night and just started counting out loud. He's been practicing with the babysitter on counting to five, but he usually just stops at three. Then it was six. When he sat down, he was at six, and then he kept going...
"seben.... ATE.... nien.....ten.....uhlebun..... tweff...... tertee..... YEAH!!!!"
All the way to thirteen! My Little Man is just two months shy of his second birthday and he already knows how to count to thirteen! Holy cow!
I heard him from the other room, and thinking it was a coincidence, didn't get my hopes up or anything...
But then he did it again, and again, and again over the next several days.
My hubby thought we might have a genius on our hands, but I had to remind him that it's great that he can memorize the order of the numbers, but the main thing is that he needs to connect it to a number of things, and be able to count objects, not just memorize the order.
As if my child is understanding exactly what I am saying to my husband at that exact moment, he starts counting the buttons on the edge of our sofa, touching one button for every number he says out loud. Once he hits thirteen again, though, there were still more buttons, and this messed him up so he just started naming off his favorite numbers, in no particular order anymore. Either way.... HOLY COW!!!
I guess I don't have to worry about his listening and memorizing skills! :)
So, I guess it's Lucky 13 for me for a while, until I can get him to keep going farther!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"seben.... ATE.... nien.....ten.....uhlebun..... tweff...... tertee.....
Love it. Very cute.
How cool is that?! Bella can count to ten then also starts rattling off random 1-10 numbers. Isn't it just incredible how much they've learned in just the last several months??
Post a Comment