Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

The Good: I got an e-mail yesterday congratulating me on passing the written part of my comps test, and I even passed it well enough to be cleared to take the MMT test. YEAH!!!

The Bad: Yesterday in class, a student thought he was mad enough at me to throw square puzzle pieces at me, until one finally connected at the bridge of my nose, breaking skin, causing it to bleed and leave a big mark, so that every kid in school wants to know what happened and who did it. Unlucky for them, I don't bleed and tell, so they'll just have to wait for the rumor mill to come around their way.

The Ugly: My husband wanted me to press charges, but I won't, so instead I just wrote him up and he's being suspended for three days. Just moments ago, he came in to my room to apologize again and talk to me, and I know he's sorry, and that it won't happen again. But, if it does, he's not only out of my room, but out of school. That should be enough to keep him in line for the rest of the year. But, my tears are all gone, I have no more, and Lord have mercy on the pour soul who smarts off to me today. Hell hath no fury like a wounded teacher.

No comments: