Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Cooking How - To

Recently, my husband went to the grocery store and bought a bunch of steaks for us to grill up for dinner. With the right meat, my husband grills up a mean steak! Anyway, he was preparing the meat, and I hear him start laughing. When I ask why, he reads to me the directions off the label on the meat. They were so funny I decided to share them with you.

----Cooking Steps-----
1. Heat charcoal 30 min.
Heat gas grill 10 min. with lid closed.

2. Grill 4 inches above Medium heat.
Hold palm just above grate. If heat causes you to pull away in 4 seconds, heat is ideal (375 degrees)

3. For ¾” steak, cook 6 – 8 min/sd.
for 1” cook 9 – 12 min/sd for MedRare – Med. Remove when 140 –150 deg. Slice thinly at an angle.

Here are my questions…

1. Who checks temperature of a grill with their bare hand and a watch with a second hand?

2. How many seconds should it take you to pull your hand away in order to know if the temp has gone down to 140-150?

3. Do you slice thinly at an angle when eating it? Because after it comes off the grill, that’s the only time it gets sliced around this house. Maybe that’s my problem with tough steaks, maybe I’m not slicing them at the right angle!

Hope this was as helpful to you as it was to us! :)

No comments: