In our little East Texas area, there is a low-budget news program on one of the local stations. Every so often they’ll do a segment called “Somebody’s Gotta Do It” about jobs that you might not have known existed, or a behind the scenes look at a job that everyone knows exists, but may not want to do. So, I put together a list of jobs that I know someone has to do, but I just don’t want to be that someone.
I don’t want to be:
- A policeman because my husband does it, and I would rather not see all the things in people that he sees. I want to believe there are still good people out there.
- A chicken farmer because even though I live around a bunch of chicken houses, I don’t ever want to be caught dead using the phrase “Smells like money” when discussing the rank odor in the air outside.
- A hairstylist because if you have seen my hair, then you would know that no one else needs to look this bad, and pay for it!
- A dentist because even though they make too much money, I don’t want to have to deal with people and their bad breath.
- A doctor of any kind because, again, they make money, but have you ever heard of a doctor that someone you knew didn’t have a bad opinion about?
- A cafeteria lady because no one really cooks that bad, do they?
- A life-long waitress because even though you always have cash on hand, there’s no where to go in that job, and you never want to get between a fat person and their food.
- A floral delivery person because I tried that this weekend (picking up the flowers that my grandfather sent us for our five-year wedding anniversary) and I don’t know how to keep a vase from falling over and spilling all of its contents while still keeping my eyes on the road and my hands on the wheel!
I know there are more things that I wouldn’t want to do for a living, like the obvious ones that no one wants to do but someone has to (septic tank cleaners, trash men, bus boys, dishwashers) but I didn’t want to list all of those.
Did I miss anything? What’s the one (or two) job(s) that you just couldn’t get paid enough to do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
1) working at a dry cleaner because i hate folding laundry, hanging laundry, or laundering laundry.
2) babysitting little babies. i get way too stressed with just one.
3) accountant. what receipts?
4) ice cream shoppe clerk. wanna see how fat i can get? watch me do this!
High school teacher. haha. Kidding! Okay, no I'm not. Yes! I am. No, not really.
Janitor!
I understand the janitor thing,... kinda like the busboy thing... the high school teacher is what I never thought I could do, now I say I couldn't teach anything lower! And, all of AS's jobs were ones that I agree with as well! I couldn't work at any fast food restaurant because of the fatty reason as well. I'm proud of my sister for doing the accountant thing, but I wouldn't want to get between a man and his money either.
Boy, do I understand that! Just two months after my first got potty trained I had another baby. Two in diapers is bad enough!
I'm just praying we have our second child after our first is out of diapers. No pressure there for her, eh? ha!
Post a Comment