Thursday, January 12, 2006

Before/After Baby

Before/After
Bathroom time = alone time
Bathroom time = undivided attention

Shave legs every day
Shave one leg at a time, once a week

Quickest get-ready time: 45 min.
Quickest get-ready time: 15 min.

Go to bed when I get tired after 11pm
Go to bed the minute I can, after putting little one to bed, picking up all the toys and things I could, and finally falling asleep the minute my head hits the pillow.

Sleep wearing whatever I wanted, or not
Sleep in something that won’t embarrass me in front of the little one.

Yell at the dogs from my bed at 2am
Go outside and freeze to tell the dogs to shut up

Ignore/don’t hear other people’s profanity
Vulgar words stick out like loud explosions in a conversation or movie

Curse when something upsets me
Breathe deeply and say “Oh Man!”

Come home from school and grade papers
Come home from school and play with little one

Can leave the house whenever I feel like it
Leave the house without skipping any naptimes or whenever he’s in a better mood.

Walk out of the house with one bag
Can’t leave the house without my purse, and his bag, filled with extra clothes, diapers, juice and snacks or other “just in case” items

When out to dinner, can enjoy meal at a leisurely pace.
When out to dinner, must pray that little one will eat SOMETHING that I put in front of him, and please stay patient enough not to make a scene, where we have to have our to-go boxes the minute the food arrives.

Have popcorn for dinner on a lonely night
Have something healthy for dinner with little one

Had free time
Free time?? What’s that?

Before baby?? When was that?
After baby, so much more in life!

2 comments:

Jennboree said...

Before baby: luxurious baths

After baby: two minute soak before she's either stripped and joined me or she's awakened from nap/bed, wailing.

Kids have an uncanny knack for knowing just when you've relaxed a wee bit!

Michelle said...

Yup, yup, yup!