Sunday, January 29, 2006

Is this a First?

This is the question my MIL asked the hubby and I when we got home from our date last night. She is not quite known for her lead-ins and what not, but I just cringed, waiting to hear what my little man had done while we were gone.

"Has he ever pooped on the floor before?"

By the gasp that came out of my chest instead of the words she was expecting, I think she figured out that it had never happened to us before. When the initial shock finally wore off, I got up the nerve to ask how long she had let him run around without a diaper on. She told me that they had just gotten out of the bathtub and she was trying to find a diaper to put on him, (because my hubby used the last one and didn't replenish) when she smelled something. She looked at him, and he had walked over to the corner of his room and in front of him was a little smelly pile. She said that little man was almost afraid of what he had done, and couldn't believe what had happened. He didn't quite know how to act. She now says she wished she would have gotten her camera, but she was so worried about getting a diaper on him so that it didn't happen again that she didn't think about it. She said that his face was priceless.

This is one "first" that I'm not upset about missing. Oh well. Next online stop: Target for a potty chair. That way he has somewhere to squat instead of in the corner. :)


Updated:
Just hours after original posting, a NEW first was accomplished. Our first attempt at getting a piece of apple stuck up his nose. Luckily, it was right in front of me, and I could easily knock it out before he tried to suck it up higher in his nose. Crisis averted... for now. I doubt this is the last time he tries this one.

1 comment:

Jennboree said...

Ah, yes, we've experienced the poop-on-the-floor. At least three times. First, it shocked her too and I nearly threw up. The second (poop pebbles on her toy car seat) made us laugh hysterically, thus frightening Bella. The third was me not moving fast enough to put her on the potty chair when she announced "PooPoo!" with great concern.

The fun is just beginning!!

Apple up the nose. Haven't experienced that.