My whole life, I've been told that I talk too much. And when I do, I tell people too much personal information when they didn't need to know. But today, that one little fault may have paid off.
While I was getting my nails done, I was listening to these three ladies talk (very loudly) about their workout regimens and how they were interested in buying a treadmill, but they just didn't want to spend too much on one. Well, I just happened to have a treadmill at home that never gets any use, and I knew that my husband and I wanted to sell it. So, I spoke up, and asked if she wanted it to be a new one or if it mattered if it was used. She said she didn't care, and I am sending her pictures of it right now so that she can decide whether it's worth fifty bucks or not. I'm hoping she says yes, and then we can work on selling the rest of the things that have accumulated either in the house or in the shed outside.
Anyone need a corner computer desk?
Update (Monday): No word back yet from prospective buyer. Wonder if I should call and make sure she got the pictures. Or maybe this is just her nice way of saying, "No Thanks."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hmmmm..could be her nice way of thanks but no thanks.
It is often hard for me not to pipe in when I eavesdrop too! But I figure if you are conversing in public, all's fair game. Ha!
Good job! I am exactly the same in the toooo much info department.
You...talk to much?! What are you talking about?
Latest news... girl never called, but hubby put an ad in a classified newspaper, and we've had three calls already. Told one woman it was hers, then went to clean it and found a broken piece. Darn.
Post a Comment