I know that as Little Man grows up, things he used to do that were funny will not be so funny later. But, while I can, I will laugh at them now, and remind him of his goofiness later, if only to have something to hold over him when he has a girlfriend...
For instance:
- when he learned what the word "lick" meant, he licked all of our faces until we finally told him it wasn't funny anymore...
- when he has a dirty diaper, he will calmly walk up to you and tell you what he did, and then immediately run away and hide when you tell him to go to his room so we can change him.
- when he first learned that shooting a basketball could have so many more tricks to it, like spinning around before you shoot, or jumping up high and then shooting, or even more entertaining is when you combine the spin with a jump! He just couldn't stop laughing, and neither could we. But, I bet that when the clock is ticking down and we are one point down, it won't be so funny to be doing showboat tricks under the basket.
- he was sitting on my bed the other morning watching Blue's Clues while I got ready for work. I got dressed in the bathroom, and came out to get the shirt I wanted to wear over a little camisole I had on. I guess that the tan camisole blended in with my skin color, because my child did a double take from the TV and then started laughing, pointed at me and said, "Nekkid!" I tried to show him that it was a shirt, and all he would do was laugh at me and say,"Nekkid!" I gave up. I guess I can't wear that color around him anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Can't you hardly wait till he's announcing innapropriate things to perfect strangers in the grocery store?
lol...
i am so behind on your blog. this was a funny "break" in my day! thanks!
Post a Comment