Friday, December 16, 2005

To My Sister

Tomorrow, my sister will get the two degrees that she has been working towards for the past five years. I am so proud of her, and at the same time, am so heart-sick about it because I don't know what it's going to be like without her here. So, I wrote this for her, and thought I would share it with you.

To My Sister,
You are my family, you are my sister, you are my best friend.
You have yelled at me, cried with me, and laughed together afterward.
You understand my frustrations, and I don’t test your boundaries.
You support me, and I support you, even when we don’t necessarily agree.
As you step into the next chapter of your life, I thank you for sharing this chapter with me, and I want to remind you that no matter where you go, no matter what we do, no matter how far apart or close together we are,
You are my family, my sister, and my best friend.
Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow…


I love you!

Along with it, I gave her a ring that is three rings intertwined together to make one ring. Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow...

So, go to her site and congratulate her on a job well done! She deserves it!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

So I cried when I read it last night...and I'm tearing up again at 1:35 this morning...and no it's not because I drank something...because believe you me, I have had nothing...but because you're so sweet....:) Thank you....oh...and YOU TOO!!

Amanda said...

oh, heart in my throat. can't believe you moved, mel. can't believe you are all grown up.