Thursday, December 08, 2005

I am Woman, Let Me Cry!

Ever since the stupid buyout of AT&T Wireless by Cingular, we've had some creative cell phone bills. We opted to stay with the default carrier that picked up our contract, and have been happy with their service for the past few months. But, when our carrier officially cut all ties with AT&T, we had to go into the store and have a piece in our phones switched out, so that it would officially be all our carrier, and nothing else. My husband took his in a couple of weeks ago and had his SIM card changed out, no problem. So, yesterday, since he's been off forever, he took my phone to get "updated."
When I got home, I asked for my phone, and he told me that they couldn't get mine "unlocked" or some crap like that, so they just transferred all my phone numbers, and then gave me a new phone. It is just like my old one, except it's not blue, it's grey, ugh. And, they lost all my photos that were on there. Like the ones of my child being goofy, and the things that I had seen that I didn't have my camera with me, but I had my phone. I was pretty upset that I had lost my phone, and I had had a long day, so the tears started flowing.
That's when my husband starting getting defensive. Why do they do that? Let a woman cry if a woman wants to grieve the loss of a phone and all her photos!
Then, to top it off, when they transferred my phone numbers, they doubled and tripled almost all of them, and now I have to go back and delete all the repeats. Stupid minimum wage phone company workers.

3 comments:

Jennboree said...

Awwww...I'm sorry, Michelle!

I'm not sure why men practically go into convulsions when a woman cries.

I cried last night at the Pamper's commercial of babies with the tune Silent Night.

Women cry. So why do men have to instantly blurt out they want to beat the crap out of everyone that pisses them off?

Amanda said...

I went into the same place yesterday and it pissed me off so I left. Talk about the run around! Don't get me started with them. I needed a good cry this morning. My husband hurt my feelings, but he and I haven't discussed it yet. Just wait 'til he gets home!

Amanda said...

oooooh, amanda! stewing over a "discussion" all day! my favorite, left over from my days as a youth terrified of my parents.

michelle, sorry about your phone sweetie. sorry about your pictures. that stinks.