Friday, December 23, 2005

I'm Gonna Say it Anyway!

This year, the world has hit a new low. Retail stores and commercials everywhere, and even my favorite daytime TV shows have eliminated using the phrase Merry Christmas, and now have to either say Happy Holidays or say nothing at all. The worst part is that most of them have chosen the nothing at all option.
I have been upset by this all holiday season, and then I started looking around. At our faculty Christmas luncheon, or any faculty get-together that involves food, our superintendent freely says a blessing for the food, and allows us to freely express our Christianity by saying Merry Christmas. We went to my husband's "company" Christmas party the other night, and we opened with a prayer and the "forbidden phrase" abounded everywhere! And these are city employees! :) Then, I went into Hobby Lobby, and heard Christmas carols instead of the usual Christian music, and I was not offended. It was refreshing to be able to hear carols instead of being offended by people that DON'T want to hear them. This is the holiday season, so celebrate it!
So, I have decided that this year's politically correctness will not apply to me, and I will continue to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year, and I will not be ashamed.
I'm not saying that those people who would like to celebrate their own holiday can not, because just this morning I watched a commercial about Hannukah, and I wouldn't be surprised to see one about Kwanzah, either. Let those who believe celebrate, and those who don't can keep their X. But I won't take the Christ out of my family's Christmas, and I hope that you don't either.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! MERRY CHRISTMAS!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments: