Saturday, December 24, 2005

Kiss It

My child has reached the age where if he falls and starts to cry, I can ask him where it hurts and he'll show me. So, I started asking if I could kiss it and make it better, and he lets me. It's so cute, now, because he'll fall or hit something and then come straight to me and start holding out his arm or head or whatever hurts and he'll push it to my lips so that I can kiss it. It's so cute!
But now my question is this... I can kiss it and make it better for him, but who will kiss my hurts?
Today is Christmas eve, and for the first time in I can't count how long (since 8th grade) I won't be playing in the three Christmas Eve services at my parents' church. For me, that was the definition of Christmas. Now, here I sit in my pajamas, watching my child make a mess of my house, all by ourselves. It's depressing that I'm not with my family, and that I'm not helping make this beautiful music, and that my husband has to work. But, he'll be home tonight, and we'll start our first tradition with Micheal tomorrow morning, and I am excited about that.

And before I forget... Happy Birthday to my little brother, who turns 18 TODAY! I can't believe he's that old, because that means I'm old, too!

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Jennboree said...

We kiss the hurts for Bella too. One day, she came up to her daddy, holding our her finger, saying what we thought was "booboo". He leaned down to kiss her finger better and ended up with a booger on his lip.

What we do for love :)

Merry Christmas!!!

Amanda said...

jen, that is uber gross. *gag*

Michelle said...

I'm just waiting for the time when he falls and hurts his bottom and tells me to kiss that! :)