Friday, April 01, 2005

Politics and heaven

I am not a person who likes to really discuss political items. I am, however, wanting to discuss this whole Terri Schiavo situation. I don't think it is fair for the media to be showing video footage of a person that seems responsive and act like it was just yesterday or last week that the footage was taken when you can clearly see in the corner in little tiny print that it was really taken in 2001! How is that fair to the emotions of people that depend on television to get the news?
It makes me feel like we are all just their little puppets, dancing the way that they want us to dance, acting like they planned.
I really am glad that she has finally left this world, and hopefully she believed in Christ, and will now take her rightful place in heaven. Because then she will be restored to her best, before she became the poster woman for all vegetative people living in limbo. No one wants to be a vegetable, and I just wish that all this fuss wouldn't have happened over a person that couldn't speak for herself. But then again, isn't that what the judicial system is for? To help those people that can't always speak for themselves...
Okay, now I really need to get off this topic before I stir up the wrong pot.
Thank you for letting me vent.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I even saw on A&E last night about her resposiveness. You know they tried to say she was responsive all the time? Well, come to find out if her eyes were closed and they asked her to open them they had to ask like 40 times before she would do it. All they would show is the one time she did it. That is when people start to believe she is completely responsive.

Amanda said...

well said michelle. i think this was such a tragedy for everyone involved. it is a personal family choice that should have been made quietly, without the whole nation's opinion. i lose respect for the people who shoved her in the spotlight like that.

(stepping down from the soapbox now)

Melinda said...

Did you know...the reason that she came to her post-current state was because of a chemical imbalance in her brain that was due to an EATING DISORDER. The lady was bulimic, she was the one that put herself in that state...yet the wonderful news never went into that detail much. I don't mean to be mean..but why are we giving so much time and energy to a person who did this too herself? I don't know or even want to try to comprehend!

Jennboree said...

I often come lurk around to see what those on Amanda's list have going on (and to see any stories on Michael) and have to comment.

I've been disturbed by both sides of the "debate" on Terry's life, mainly her family and her so-called husband. Once Jesse Jackson made his appearance, I knew the issue had come full circle as a sad and pathetic media circus.

I'm glad she's no longer suffering however minutely it may or may not have been. And I like to think that out of all this, we will take the extra time to insure that what we wish for ourselves should a similar circumstance happen, we will have that wish granted.

I also hope families will try harder to work together for what is best for their loved one and not just for themselves.

And that concludes my two cents.