You all may now go back to your normal lives and resume the use of one "used-to-be-a-bad-word" word. Prom is now over, and luckily all went off fairly well.
We stayed after school Friday and decorated, covering the walls in black plastic and hanging a tunnel that they entered through, and arranging a numerous amount of white lights. We finally got to go home at 10:30pm after the only things left to do were go into town and buy the last minute things.
Then, Saturday, I left the house at 10:15 or so and went to Card & Party Factory for some tablecloths and napkins that matched... and then to Walmart for things to make a punch and to pick up our cake. I finally got to school at 12:45, expecting to see a few other people there, only to find the other sponsor and his wife the only ones there finishing up. So, I made some phone calls, and we got two more boys to come help. We finally left there about 3:00, and then went home to take care of a little boy with a slight fever.
I got dressed in my bridesmaid dress from Amanda's wedding, curled my hair and grabbed the last minute things I needed for the night, like my flip flops for afterward, and went back to school.
The photographer and DJ were both supposed to be there at 7:30. The photograper showed up on time, I think, and I never saw the DJ until five minutes before 8, when the kids started showing up, too. So, I had kids showing up and no music. That sucked.
But, overall, the appearance was great! It didn't look like a cafeteria, and I was so glad!
The worst part was that a bunch of the juniors left early, so when it came time to help stay and clean up, they weren't there. That sucked, because we were there until 1:30 am. And then my child woke up at 6:30am. That sucked, too.
So, I didn't watch Desperate Housewives or Grey's Anatomy last night, so I DVR'd it so that I could watch it tonight.
Hope this doesn't fail the Blog Patrol tests. Later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YEAH!!! Prom is over...I really am sorry about not doing your hair...I completely thought that you were joking....did you get Judy to help you???
No, I did it myself... it's okay. I just wish it would have stayed curly longer. I hate thin hair and humidity. Oh well.
You have always been blessed with that burden! :)...I'm sorry that I didn't help!
Post a Comment