I am not a cook.
However, I am (now) the sponsor for our school's chapter of National Honor Society. As a fundraiser to help fund the annual scholarship and other things that the chapter must pay for, we decided to do a non-traditional bake sale. We went around for two weeks, and got teachers and other faculty to pre-order the items we had determined would be made. After 38 items were ordered, we divided up who got to make what.
I was special enough to get to make 2 Million Dollar Poundcakes. So, I made one the night before, and then the other one last night. I can only pray that they turned out well.
I am feeling pretty happy though that they didn't get burned, because I am traditionally known for burning anything that has anything to do with bread. It sucks to be me, but at least I'm not the one that has to eat them!
So, for future reference, please don't ask me to bake anything for you. I won't be able to say no, and I won't be able to make it right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I made the taco ring last night and it was a small, fat circle. It did taste the same and I used lots more meat, so it turned out okay in the end. You make the taco rings and I will bake the cakes!
AMANDA HAS A BLOG????
you have a convert, michelle!
also, i want a million dollar poundcake. i will even buy it!
Aunt Amanda, if you want a million dollar poundcake, I will bake one for you, but you'll have to pay our NHS ten whole dollars! :)
If anyone else wants one, too, I'll have to get someone else to make it, but it will be the same price.
Post a Comment