Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Anything to help a friend!

I'm not a very superstitous person, but I will try anything, especially if it's to help a friend in need.

My wonderful friend Amanda Sue is 41 weeks pregnant, and waiting to see what her little angel's face looks like. I told her all the remedies that people told me when I was pregnant and wanting to be able to see my toes again, and so far, none of them have worked. So, yesterday, I went home and got to work.

I cooked three pans of enchiladas, one for my family, one for the other Amanda that has her one month old, and one for my friend Amanda Sue and her family. I know that the way to Daniel's heart is through meat and lots of cheese. I figured that if I started preparing for Dillon's arrival, then I might be interrupted during my well-intentioned cooking, and get to be there instead. Well, that didn't work.

So, I tried Option #2. When my other Amanda was pregnant with her first child, her water broke in her kitchen, and then we got to see Reid. Then, when I was visiting their new baby, Layne, four days before my due date, my water broke in her kitchen, and then we had Micheal. So, I figured that there had to be something lucky about that kitchen, so I went to deliver her pan of enchiladas, hoping that my presence in my friend's kitchen would cause Amanda Sue's water to break. Again, no such luck. Maybe it's because they moved and it's not the same kitchen. Maybe I should take Amanda Sue to the old kitchen and see if it's powers will work on her as well! :)

Like I said, I'm not really superstitous, it's just anything to help a friend out! :)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

aw, thanks. stand in the kitchen around 11 this morning.

that way maybe my labor will only be a miraculous 4 hours long! :)

hey - you are my guest blogger this afternoon. you have to post details! :)

shkrix!

Melinda said...

Any word yet?? Huhuhuhuh?? :)

Melinda said...

Okay right...when you sell a house..you have a list of perks...do you think that was on their list? :)

8.) Indoor plumbing
9.) Working central air
10.) 9 mo. along, kitchen will break your water.
11.) 4 bed rooms

Ha! :)