I've learned that...
- I can run as fast as an Olympian when I hear a scream coming from my child, no matter where he is in the house.
- A gagging child is not the same as a choking child, and that crying is a good sign of choking, because it means his airway is clear.
- Happiness is always intensified when near a child that is laughing.
- When I hear bad news, I immediately think about how it would affect my child/family.
- I can't remember what I did in my spare time before I had a child.
- No matter how much my child wants to be a "big boy," sometimes he just needs to still be a baby, where Mommy fixes all wrongs and heals all ills.
And the funny part is, I need him to be a little baby again, too. I like to be able to hold him like I did when he was born and wanted to be held.
I've learned that I define myself by my child and his personality, whether I'm supposed to or not, and am striving to be a good mom to a great child.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I couldn't have said it more perfectly on how I feel as well!
I love being a mom, no matter how scary, heart-wrenching or life changing it is.
Can you imagine having another child and loving him/her nearly as much? I know God helps it to happen, but it seems farfetched right now!
Post a Comment