Tuesday, September 27, 2005

No Plan, Stan

There is still no power at my house, that I know of. I'm still hanging out in Mesquite, doing my in-law's laundry and other things that need doing around the house since I have nothing else to do, and I can't sit on the Internet all day long. I'm avoiding balancing the checkbook, because I don't want to see how much money I don't have. I was going to try to have dinner with my friend here, and get away from the house for a little bit, but timing isn't good right now, so instead I am thawing out some steaks for dinner tonight.
The work day that they scheduled for school today was cancelled because of no power at school. Today the phone call was that there was power in one of the buildings, but not mine, and that we were going to shoot for school on Thursday. So, that means I'm going to go home tomorrow afternoon. This should be interesting. I'm hoping that my house will have power by that time, and then I won't have to try to find someone that will let me borrow their couch to sleep on and a place for my child to sleep that would be air conditioned.
I haven't seen my husband since Thursday evening, and it has been almost a week. I know that he misses me, but I know that he REALLY misses little Micheal. He calls as often as he can, working daily 12 hour shifts, and I know he is dead-dog tired from all that stress. I just want all this to be fixed already and life to go back to normal. I like schedules and I like plans. I don't like this taking it one day at a time type of living. I wouldn't do good in the wilderness.

Keep praying for all those people that still don't have water or power.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

girl, daniel barely has time to walk through the door before he is asleep, many times holding dillon so i can grab a shower.

this could not be worse. well, yes it could. at least we have power. at least i have caught a fleeting glimpse of my husband over this past week.

come home soon!

Michelle said...

Give both your boys hugs from me and my boy... we'll get together when we all get back to normal.. we'll have to celebrate birthdays soon, too! :)

tltpvpx (total what??)