Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Aunt Shell - again

In my adult life, I have been blessed with three friends with the first name of Amanda. One of them I went to school with, one of them I work with, and the third one I went to school with, and now our husbands work together. Somehow, though, with each of them I have become greatly attached. I rode to school for two years with Mandy from work, I still keep in touch with Amanda from college, because now we're in a Bunco group together, so that we can at least see each other once a month, and I see the third Amanda as much as we can in between work, school and our husbands being on opposite shifts now.
So far, each of these women has had the same amount of interesting things going on in their lives, or the lives of their extended families. But, now, two of my three Amanda's have the most wonderful news they could share! I am going to keep being an Aunt Shell to Amanda's boys: Reid and Layne, and now I'll be Aunt Shell again in August!
But, of all my Amanda's the most exciting is that this Amanda is going to make me an aunt in early September, and Micheal will have someone to play with! I can't wait! It's almost as good as if it were my own sister having a little one (which she is not planning on any time soon, don't worry Mom!)
With everything else going on, I still stop and smile, and sing out loud... "I'm gonna be an AUNT!"

1 comment:

Melinda said...

So not funny about the me having a kid thing...:) I'm way to vain for that... but I am happy for my Amandas... Yeah!!!