Well, I thought I was going home today, but the phone call today from my in-town messenger was that school has been cancelled until Monday, at least. So, there is no point to me going home today, because there is no school, and my house is still without power. I was going to have to try to sleep on my sister's couch if I did go back and have school. What to do about a babysitter is even more of a question. Our babysitter has no power right now, either, so she is out at her aunt's house in Garrison, the complete opposite direction from my school. I would have had to leave my sister's house at about 6:15am just to get him over to Garrison so that I could drive back to school in order to be there by 7:40am. So, God knows the situation that everyone else is in, and has granted us a little bit of an early Spring Break. At least, that's what I'm trying to call it, because that's probably what's going to happen. We're probably not going to be able to waive all these missed days and we're going to have to skip one of our breaks. I'm trying not to be depressed about it, but it will really be a depressing thing for my kids... especially my seniors that have already planned group trips together for both our winter and spring break.
So, here we go again... waiting to hear some news... hoping that the next time my husband goes to our house that we have power! I'm just not getting my hopes up too high. It could be worse. I could be stuck in a house with a mother-in-law that I can't stand. Thankfully, we get along, and I can beat her at my favorite game of Phase 10.
Maybe now that I know I'm not going home for a while, my friend and I can get together for dinner! :) This is me... trying to find a good side to all this crap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
it doesn't count as spring break if you don't KNOW you have the week off. if you spend the whole time anticipating a rushed three hour drive home so you can work, then you have not relaxed sufficiently.
i wish i could offer help or services, but i am bone dry. :(
on a brighter note, daniel gets the night off! hooray!
iggdwqb (no idea)
Post a Comment