Well, I'm already starting off by cheating with the title that is similar to one I've used before and stolen from my sister. I promise, thought, that my version of Spring Break and her action-packed version are completely different. I also know that I have put tidbits of information since last Friday, but there are some funny things I omitted that just have to be revisited.
Friday - out of school early, then cleaned the pool until Melinda and friend got there... You knew that. The part I completely forgot to share was when my sister decided she needed a chair to lounge on in the sun before she went swimming. I pointed to where the chairs were, and thought I'd go get them, because I knew that they had been sitting there in that same spot since we'd moved in November. And, being that we live out in BFE, I was praying that there wouldn't be huge bugs or snakes under or in them.
But, before I could voice any of these concerns to my not-country-friendly sister, I hear a gasp followed by a scream from my sister, and I'm thinking that my fears have been confirmed. Thankfully, though, it wasn't a snake or bug. Instead, to my sister's dismay, the first chair she picked up vomited all over her. Yes, I said vomited. She was covered from shoulder to knee in dirty grey/black rainwater that had pooled up in the arm of the chair. God forgive me, all I could do was laugh. Luckily, she laughed too, after we hosed her off.
But, it all ended well with all 5 of us in the water, enjoying every bit of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What, no comment on being puked on, Mel?
um...no...because I have blocked that moment from my memory...it was all a blur to me...:)...stupid chair.
Post a Comment