If anyone else asks me how my Mother's Day was yesterday, I think I am going to scream!
My husband came home from work Saturday night and told me that Micheal had forgotten to get anything for his mom for Mother's Day. (Translation: I didn't get you anything for M. D.)
I knew this was coming, because like I have said before, my husband is not Mr. Romantic, and I rarely receive gifts for any reason other than birthday or Christmas. The part I was disappointed about was that I didn't even get a card. I was really looking forward to this year's Mother's Day, because it was technically my first one. Now, I say that last year counted, too, but my husband disagreed, because Micheal wasn't born until two weeks later. So, I was hoping to be able to keep this year's card as my first Mother's Day card. Too bad.
So, I was kind of in a bad mood about it, but then I decided that I didn't need to be, because I needed to be thankful that this Mother's Day I got to spend the day being a mom, and having my child there to celebrate with me. I could think about it that there won't be that many Mother's Days where he's here with me, because when he gets older, he won't be there, and I'll hopefully at least get a phone call. Or, I could even be thankful that my child is alive, because there are plenty of moms out there that don't have that luxury anymore. So, I sucked up my disappointment and hugged my child and played with him, and gave him plenty of kisses, because I know he loves me, and that's all a mother could ask for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
aw. that is sweet and sad. does your husband read your blog???
isn't it funny how our husbands are equally unromantic? we must not require that much attention because if i had a husband who showered me with affection, i would probably tell him to lay off!
no, he doesn't read it, and he never will.
I was sorry for you that your husband was as equally bad at gift-giving as mine is! But, you're right, if we were showered, we would probably go crazy...
(that's a good way to at least make us feel better about not having it, at least!)
I did better than you...but not much. I got two cards and at least my husband looked at some patio furniture for me. My husband is the same...no romance whatsoever!
By the way, I will be making it to Micheal's birthday party. You may ask me to leave because I will have both of my kids there. I am not sure how Reid will be since the presents and cake are not his! He is soooo looking forward to his party and that is all he talks about!
sad. give me your address, and i'll post it on my blog, and we'll all send you belated MD cards that we bought on clearance at Target. ;)
i think it's great that you made the best of the situation, though - you're right: Michael loves you tons, and his love will continue to grow for you as he gets older! :)
Happy Mother's Day from one new mommy to you :) Though I too counted last year's MD before Isabella was born cuz I was totally a mommy then too, as is Amanda Sue now!
Sorry hub is unromantic or just plain ol' forgetful. My hub will remember but last minute, and I always know when he's running to get something for whatever holiday.
Goes something like this:
Me: Hi honey, what're you doin?
Him: Oh, running errands
Me: Yeah, what errands?
Him: I can't TELL you
Me: Why not?
Him: Its a SECRET (hear background)
Me: Are you at the mall?
Him: Maaaaaaybe...
*sigh* God bless him.
Post a Comment