Today was the last day of school. (Pause for the celebration dance...)
The kids left at one, and instead of getting to go home when they did, I had to clean up my room and put everything away before I started the last day of school rituals required by the district. Our work day is supposed to be tomorrow (yes, on a Saturday), and none of us really want to be there. Somehow, if we don't want to be there Saturday, we have to work six hours either after school Friday, or work at Project Graduation this evening. I say evening, but I really mean late tonight into tomorrow morning. But, with my husband working in the morning, I can't really stay at school all night and morning with the kids, because then I would have no one to watch my child all day Saturday. So, I worked three and a half hours today after school, and then I have to go to graduation and present the National Honor Society scholarship, then stay and work Project Grad for two and a half hours so that I can make my six hours. That's what kinda sucks about working at a small school district. Oh well, I'll trade working at Project Grad any day over metal detectors and knife fights and bomb threats at school.
So, think of me tonight while you're safe at home in your bed, I'll be trying to avoid getting put in the dunking booth at Project Grad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment