I know that it's a week early, but I had a good reason. My parents are going on a cruise to Alaska tomorrow, and won't be back until the last day of the month. That means that they will miss little Micheal's real birthday, and I didn't want them to miss out on being there when he had cake and ice cream and opened presents, so we did it a week early.
Oh my goodness! We had so much fun! I was so proud of him! He was really well-behaved, and he shared his toys and balloons with Reid, and he didn't cling to Mommy or Daddy too much, because there were plenty of other familiar faces around that he just got passed all around and didn't get bored. The cake went everywhere, his presents all got opened, and now he can't decide which one he wants to play with! I've had to put a few of them out of sight for now, for fear that he will gyrate his little head off, going from one toy to the next and the next so quickly. I think I'll start phasing more of them in as we go along so that it's like his birthday for a couple more weeks. I wish I could do that still. Oh to be a kid again!
Most importantly, though, I am just glad that he will only have ONE first birthday, and from now on it should get easier, right? There's just something about that much family all in one place... but that's a whole different entry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
micheal WAS good. he is a sweet boy though, and he loves all of his family. i was proud of him! i can't believe he is almost a whole year old!
:)
Happy Birthday, Micheal! Glad you all had a good time celebrating :)
So, what are his stats now?
Weight, Height, etc...
I can't wait to see him again...SOON
Post a Comment