This weekend, I sat through two high school graduations. One was on Friday night, for the seniors that I taught and sponsored for four years, where I got to give out a scholarship from the National Honor Society. Then I stayed up until 2 am with them at Project Graduation, watching them enjoy each other's company for a few more hours before embarking into the world of reality. After a few short hours of sleep, I packed up my child and got in the car and drove off to Houston. Then we sat and watched another graduation, this one for my brother, of whom I am very proud! The "funny" part is that the first one graduated 24 seniors, the second one graduated close to 600 seniors, and they both took the same amount of time.
While we sat and watched, Little Man sat with his Aunt Melinda almost the whole time, and when they watched for Uncle Matt, they would "practice" yelling for him. It was sooo cute! "UNCA MATT!!!"
While we waited for my brother to go across the stage (because he's near the end of the alphabet), I listened for other kids that I might know. And that's when I heard it. And then I couldn't stop laughing. I am praying that this girl's relatives were nowhere near me when I heard it, and if they were, let me apologize for my insensitivity, but seriously, who names their daughter My Ti Vo!!!
I'm not joking... there was another name in between the Ti and Vo that started with a K or something... but we just couldn't get past it...
It's not YOUR TiVo... It's MY TiVo!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is so wrong to admit that we were laughing at someone's name...but it was quite funny!...Have you seen My TiVo??? Oh, there she is! Is this your Tivo? No that is My Tivo!
And didn't she graduate with some honors?? Unlike our brother! :) Go Uncla Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatt!
Post a Comment