You know how somedays you should have just gone back to bed after the first bad thing happened?
That was yesterday for me... but I didn't know it until right at the end of the day.
It started out as a pretty decent day, and then I had a "dream come true" moment, and then I decided that I needed to go talk to one of my superiors about a question I had about summer school. The minute that he closed the door, I should have backed out.
Sometimes it's hard to hear criticism about you that you didn't even know was a problem. You know what I mean? I knew that I had issues with one class, but I didn't know that he thought I had issues with other classes! Kinda hurt my feelings, made me want to run and hide in a dark room where I could cry alone. Oh well.
Then I went home, and my son decided to slap me in the face. So, of course, the tears came down then, because I just couldn't hold it in anymore.
He stopped, and stared at me, and touched the single tear falling down my face and asked, "Mommy, are you sad?"
I told him that I was upset that he had hit me in the face, and he got a little quiver-lipped, then took my face in his hands and kissed my cheek and said he was sorry.
Maybe he won't hit me again... I can hope.
Today, though,... today is a much better day. It's amazing how much better you feel after just a little sleep... and a whole new day to deal with issues that other people see that I didn't.
Wish me luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awww..I'm sorry you had such a sucky day!
Bella is also learning compassion, mostly after she's done something that hurts someone or somepet else.
ug.
i had YOUR sucky day today. hope this last week of school is going great for you!
Post a Comment