I never knew how much I loved being a Mom until now.
I also didn't realize how much being a wife and being a mom are different. Being a wife, I worry about my husband and what I can do to be a better wife. Being a mom, everything little man needs is a priority over my own needs. I never did that as a wife, even though I probably should have. Things change when you have kids, don't they?
Tonight at dinner, we were eating a new chicken dish we were trying for the first time, and my husband was trying to cut his into bite size pieces, rather unsuccessfully. I reached over to hold his plate, so that he could cut a piece without the plate sliding around on the table. That was, apparently, the wrong thing to do. He gave me the "I can do it" phrase, and then used his chest to push the plate back onto the table.
Why do men have to be so independent and stubborn? Why can't they let the mommy do the mommy things that are engrained in the mommy head that she feels the need to do? Like help out a one-armed hubby who apparently needs help. And adjust the shirt on the man who struggles to get one arm in and then his head. And cut the steak into pieces for him that he cooked and was looking forward to so very much.
And when the time comes, the mommy needs a little time to herself, because helping out the daddy who wants no help and the little boy who needs every bit of help he can get can be a little tiresome and stressful. Thank God for the weekend, and for best friends that are also mommies and need the Mommy Time Off as well!
I love being a Mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good post and so true!
Why does my husband get so irritated when his hands are full and asks me to give him a spoonful of chili, only to get irritated cuz I scooped it up and into his mouth? Duh, it is a mommy tactic for keeping from getting messy!
"used his chest to push the plate back onto the table"
hahaha! love the visual. :)
i can't WAIT for girl's night out!
Post a Comment