My house is hilarious right now. Or at least I think so.
My wonderful husband, (who had surgery on his elbow three weeks ago) has figured out which things he can do around the house that he doesn't mind doing, and then the parts that he doesn't want to do, he conveniently "can't" do that part. Let me give you a few examples.
- He can cook dinner, using every dish in the cabinet, and then eat and put his plate in the dishwasher, but the 48 pots and pans he used to make the dinner have to be handwashed, and he can't do that part with only one hand. It would put too much strain on his elbow.
- He can do laundry, separate it out, wash all the different loads, get it out of the dryer, but he can't fold it and put it away, because you need two hands to fold a shirt. So, we have a mountain of laundry waiting at home for me to fold and put away, because he's doing so much laundry you would have thought we were going on a week-long trip and every piece of clothing needed to be clean before we left.
- He can sweep the floor, picking up all the chairs and such off the floor before he does it, but he can't put it all back away when he's done.
- He can play with Little Man all afternoon while I go work out, but when I get home, I have to change the diaper, because he can't do it with only one hand.
-He can bathe himself, in the shower now, but he can't give Little Man a bath, because that causes the elbow to stretch out too much.
See what I mean?!? I have a hidden comedian at my house! This is only week three. He was told he'd be off work for twelve. How many more things is he going to decide that he can only do part-way?
I guess I should be thankful that he at least gets the job started for me, but the problem is that I don't have as much time as he does to get all the half-finished projects done before he's starting another one that I'm going to have to finish. I haven't been to bed before eleven all week long. Argh.
To add to the humor, my child has been waking up at 3 am, 2 am, and 1 am on three consecutive nights, standing up in bed ready to get up and play basketball or talk to Daddy or look for Papaw's truck, or anything else that pops in his little mind at hours that are not made for being awake. Last night he finally slept through the night, and by this, I mean he only cried out once at 3 am, looking for Daddy, and I shh'ed him and told him to sleep, and he rolled over and went to sleep.
I wonder what fun stuff I get to do when I get home today!?!
Whatever it is, it can wait while I go work out. A mom has GOT to have ME time. (M= Mommy E= Escape)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know what you mean. I would rather do the whole thing myself when I feel like doing it, than my hubby starting it for me. Does that make sense???
Post a Comment