There are some things you would assume that would make you feel better about being married to a police officer. However, this is not the case. My husband is particularly paranoid, mainly for good reason, since our dogs alert us to any strange movement coming anywhere near our driveway. Now, you wouldn't like this sort of thing if you lived in a city or a neighborhood where your neighbor was just footsteps away. But out here, in Way-Past-BFE, if someone is at my driveway, they better know me and my dogs or else they'll be barked at continuously until either the hubby or I call them off. This is a nice thing most of the time, but tonight is not one of those times.
My husband decided to take an extra job, which means he's been gone all evening and won't be home until really late tonight. So, my senses are on super drive, since I'm the only one here and am supposed to be protecting my child and my house and all that. So, every light inside is off, every light outside is on, so that I can see them, but they can't see me. Whoever "them" may be.
So, you would think that I could handle myself and all that, right? Except there's a problem. I'm such a scaredy cat it's not even close to being funny. So, I don't like things that make you scared when the lights are on and everyone's around you, let alone sitting in the dark in the boonies by yourself at night.
So, why am I watching a scary movie on TV?
The worst part is that I have seen this movie dozens of times, and the ending makes it so that you can't watch it from the beginning again without forgetting a few things before you watch it again. But, still, I'm sitting here watching this movie because I feel like it's a good enough movie to be on in the background while I am playing hide and seek with the boogey man.
Oh well. Back to the movie and scaring myself stupid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So does that mean that you were watching "The Sixth Sense"???
Because if so that is not a scary movie...it is considered a psychological thriller...a scary movie would be more like...hum....Psycho...or...Texas Chain Saw Massacre...but something like that could also be classified as being a thriller also...:) Okay...so I've rambled enough for now! :)
Yes... I know it's not technically a "scary movie" but it has enough parts in it that freak me out to classify it as one that I shouldn't watch alone in the dark.
Also, don't watch America's Most Wanted...every little noise will make you think that the person who just escaped from prison is outside your window!!
ha! i was scaring myself witless with 6th sense on monday night too!
(uh, i really should have been doing thank you notes, but i was too scared!)
Post a Comment