Friday, August 05, 2005

There's No Stopping It

No matter how many times a day I check, time keeps going. No matter how many times I pray that it hasn't moved while little Micheal is taking a nap, allowing me to accomplish tasks without a child around, the minute hand still moves, clicking away the number of minutes that I have wasted being on the computer and not cleaning the floor.

Being a math teacher, I have known that time stops for no one, because we teach that it is the independent variable, as it waits for no one and depends on nothing. But, I was just hoping that since I had spent so much time working on my Master's this summer that I could maybe catch a break and time would at least slow down on this week I had off with my little man, and that Monday wouldn't come as fast as it had when I was going to school. Unfortunately, time kept its own schedule, and waited for no one, not even me, as good-intentioned as I was.

Today is now my last Friday of the summer. Monday starts back to work for me, and I can't believe that it's already here. Right now there are a bunch of rules and laws going around that may push the start of school back until the week after Labor Day. I don't think I like that. I mean, I know I complain about starting back already, but as long as we start that early, then we can have all the week long breaks for Winter Break, and Spring Break, and a whole week instead of just a few days at Thanksgiving, and two weeks at Christmas instead of just one. I'm so worried that once we start after Labor Day, they may cut out all my breaks. Those breaks are what keep me sane, and keep me from injuring the adolescents that I teach, and vice versa.

Oh well. So, Monday it's off to meet my new boss, and a few new co-workers, and get back to my normal routine of waking up too early and being at school more than eight hours a day. So, as much as I'm really not ready to get back there, I'm glad that it means I'm back to a schedule, and I'm hoping that I can accomplish my goals this year, and get all the things I'm supposed to get into their little heads in there...

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

i can't believe it is time for "back to school." :( it went so fast!

Melinda said...

Good luck....phish-posh...you will do just fine...what you need is more like a punching bag in your room...or maybe a stun gun...hehe...now that would make school fun again!! :)

Melinda said...

oooh...ooh...or something like chinese handcuffs so that you can keep their minds full and their hands busy....hehehe

Hey...do you still want those brain teaser thingys from my old text book??

Melinda said...

Did you know that I'm not on central time...but pacific!?!?! :) But then if I'm on pacific time..then why am I not at the beach?!?! :)