Since January of 2003, I have been attending classes at SFA in order to get my master's degree in secondary mathematics education. I have enjoyed being able to get my master's without much cost to me, really nearly none, and without having to go like a real college student again. No early morning all week long classes, no dorms, and no yucky cafeteria food. We only go to SFA one Friday and Saturday a month, and then there were three summers where we went for a total of six weeks each summer. Now, during that time, some members of our class had to stay in a dorm, but I live close enough that I was able to shower in my own shower, and not the closet they call a shower that would cause a clausterphobic person to hyperventilate.
My point in all this is that I am finally in the home stretch! I have five class meetings left! I am so excited! This is the last August that I have any classes, and then next will be no more September classes and so on, until December, when we officially meet for learning for the last time.
Once that is over, I have to turn in a portfolio of all my work and how I've applied it to my teaching over the past three years, and then take a monstrous test over the topics we've discussed over the past three years, and then I will walk away with my master's degree! :)
The only thorn in my side about all this is that my little sister will have her Master's in December. So, she will have hers a few months before I will, and she will have finished hers in less time than it took me to get mine. But, I can always say that I got mine for free! :) Sometimes being a math teacher really pays off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
congratulations! i know you are excited to almost be done.
poor matthew. he has a lot to live up to, with two overachieving sisters and all...
hehehehe....I only have 105 more days...:) but then again I have classes four times a week. Oh..and when you say, and I quote: "and she will have finished hers in less time than it took me to get mine" please note that I will have 2 degrees in 5 1/2 years! :) YEAH!! And only $15,000 in debt! :) WOOHOO!!!
You know I was just teasing and that I am very proud of you! :) Too bad for Matt is right! :) But then again he has the whole, "only boy" thing working for him!
Post a Comment