I know that a few of you were kind of confused about my last post about people that don't call when they say they will. Well, I was a little out of my mind at that moment, but things have calmed down and now that I know more, I can share more.
I had a doctor's appointment for my yearly exam at the beginning of July, and then a few weeks ago, they called back to tell me that it had come back abnormal and I needed to do another test. So, I went in last week praying that he didn't find anything and I could go home with my mind at ease. Unfortunately, he did see something, and he sent off a biopsy of an abnormal spot. This was Tuesday afternoon and he told me that we would have some information on Friday. So, every time the phone rang Friday morning, I was thinking it was them. But, to no avail. I left class about 10:30am, and ran some errands, still with my phone in my back pocket to make sure that I didn't miss a phone call.
By noon, I realized that they weren't going to call me in the morning, and I picked up the phone to call them. Then I realized, with much chagrin, that their office closes at noon on Fridays. So, I looked at my watch, saw five after, and dialed as fast as I could. But, no luck, the answering machine picked up. They gave me a pager number to call, and I did, but it was just a nurse on call at Med Center hospital. I tried to give her my sob story and see if she would give me a way around the answering machine, because I knew there was no way that everyone was out of the office only five minutes after noon. No dice.
She said sorry, but there's no way to get in touch with them until Monday. DANGIT!
So, I called at 8:30 this morning, and got someone on the phone... and she told me that everything turned out okay and I don't have to have anything else done. I may have to go back a little earlier than a year to get another test done just to keep tabs on it, but other than that, nothing to do! :) YEAH!
Thank you God for answering my prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I appreciate you telling the world the results before letting your OWN SISTER know what the results were...you know the one that live 17 minutes away from you...the one that can't keep a secret...but DID!! :) Just thought that I would tease you a little...:) but I'm glad that all is well...talk to you later...me :)
yay! i am so glad you are okay. :)
Melinda - so sorry. I don't have an excuse.
But thanks anyways... I'm glad it's nothing, too. :)
Post a Comment