Well, surgery this morning went fine, and I was out of there in a short three hours. So, no big deal. The worst part is that I can't talk. It hurts to swallow, it hurts to think about swallowing, and it feels like there is a cotton ball stuck in the back of my throat. Yuck.
I would never tell him this, but I am getting more and more thankful that my mother will be here tomorrow. Jonathan doesn't understand that he has to be the one to watch what his child is doing every minute the little man is awake, because there is no guarantee that I'm going to be awake and watching him, even if he is in the same room as Mommy.
Anyone have any other suggestions on what I can eat, though? Ice cream and yogurt and pudding and popsicles are all dairy based, and they are all causing that crap to stay in the back of my throat. I need something that won't leave a milky aftertaste. Doc said I couldn't have hot soups yet, though, because I don't want to lose the scabs on my cuts. Yuck. Colder is better.
So, ice water and grape juice are my new food favorites... no matter how much I want some fried catfish, or some Doritos, or the chicken dish that a friend brought over for dinner, I just can't.
This bites.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
i have been wondering if you could talk on the phone if i call you. i didn't even think about you using the internet! thank GOODNESS for technology!
so tell me - how ARE you? :)
I am temporarily muted in person, but I can say as I please with my fingers!
This may not be good folks!! :)
Can you eat applesauce or any of the baby jar fruits that are pureed? What about the broth of a good soup, but lukewarm. Too nasty?
I totally get ya on wanting your mom there to help with the baby. No matter how good at being a dad a dad might be, he doesn't have that ability to think two steps ahead of what a curious and carefree toddler might do in a nano second!
Glad you're on the way to healing!
have a good thanksgiving! :)
Post a Comment