This week has been pretty painful, and I don't think it's over yet. I will probably have to return to work and somehow convince the kids that I really can't talk louder than a whisper and they need to be quiet enough to hear me. We'll see how long that lasts.
At home, though, has been a different story. I have been able to sit back and, without commenting too much, watch my little one be himself. Micheal is getting so big every day, and this week, I got to watch him grow up just a little bit more. Usually, I work all week long and get to hang out with him on the weekends. So, I look forward to weeks off from school so that we can hang out longer. The neatest part, though, was that I got to just sit and watch. I didn't have other stuff that I just HAD to get done, or a meal that had to get finished, or anything like that. I got to watch him play, I got to watch him interact with my mom, and her puppy dog, and I got to hear him add more words to his everyday growing vocabulary.
Sometimes I forget exactly how far he's come from just a short eighteen months ago, and sometimes I forget that eighteen months really is a short amount of time, not a long one like it gets to feeling like sometimes.
So, this year, when people ask me how my Thanksgiving went, I'll be able to tell them that it was WONDERFUL! (despite the fact that it really was pretty painful.)
Now, I really can't wait until Christmas! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment