Sunday, November 20, 2005

Getting nervous...

I don't "do" hospitals.

My only visits to date have been to see ill grandparents, beautiful new babies, or other ill family members, and then the only time I stayed myself was eighteen months ago when I had my child. And that time wasn't really as bad as other friends of mine have had. I walked out on my own two days later and was back to my usual routine, with just a little less sleep at night. And my mom was there to help.

I don't like being under the weather. I don't like having to have people help me do anything. I don't like not being in control. So, tomorrow isn't going to be fun. Luckily, my surgery isn't at a hospital (which sounds bad, I know), but instead at the Surgery Center, where I have heard that they are extremely nice and helpful. So, at least I don't have to do the hospital thing, but it's still outpatient surgery, and it still sucks. Tomorrow is the beginning of the week of heck for me. I have tried to write down all the things that need to be done tomorrow, and for the rest of the week, so that no matter how I feel, I will at least know what needs to get done.

But the best part of all, my mom is coming on Tuesday. Then I know that all will be well, because my mom will always take care of everything. Sometimes it's nice to have Mom come take care of you. Even when you don't usually like it .

1 comment:

Jennboree said...

Very true. When you are feeling bad or down and Mom becomes "momma" it is a wonderful comfort. :)