Saturday, October 08, 2005

I just couldn't resist...

This is what my husband tells me last night at the fair. All I could do was laugh between my exaggerated gags.

The big thing to do this time of year in our town is to go to the fair. It’s nothing as big as the State Fair in Dallas, but it makes us release about a fourth of our students in order to go show their animals. Four years ago, I would have cringed, but now it’s not so bad. Now, I know that these kids put their heart and soul into a pig, heifer, rabbit, or goat, and then once a year they take that animal to the Expo center to have them judged against other FFA members’ animals from other schools.

So, we thought that as much as Micheal loves animals, he would like to go to the fair. And he did! He walked all over the whole fairgrounds, and then ate a corn dog, and just plain enjoyed himself and his balloons. I enjoyed a funnel cake: the main reason for my attendance at the fair, besides my kids and their animals.

When it was finally time to leave, Jonathan told me to wait, because when he was getting my funnel cake, he saw something that he just couldn’t resist getting, and he’d be right back.

When he came back he had something that looked deep fat fried. When I asked what it was, he told me that it sounded gross now, but he just couldn’t resist it and had to know. It was a deep-fried Twinkie. GROSS!

After he finished it, I asked what he thought:
“Nothing to write home about.”

“But definitely blog-worthy!”

"I figured as much."

"But, honey, I just can't resist it!"

4 comments:

Jennboree said...

Those are disgusting! Almost as bad as deep fried oreos or pickles.

BLAH~

Southerners will deep fry ANYTHING, so it has been proven :)

Amanda said...

ew.

that is all i can say cause daniel says "quit playing and do your homework."

:(

Melinda said...

Okay...deep fat fried sugary item. Super gross...but do not go knocking deep fat fried pickles...because those are just...nifty. Gosh darn good eatin'. Whenever I finally do the whole marriage thing...and plan to have a kid...those will so be on my list of cravings!! :) Bye for now!
~Melinda
(eabdhd)

Michelle said...

Did I forget to mention that the same stand had deep-fried Oreos as well, but he figured that for a buck and a half he should get the bigger one, not just a little cookie.

cmablmsc (See my blames! SEE!!)