Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Changing of the Guard

Every year, I change purses twice a year, sometimes more if the mood strikes me, or if one breaks before it's time. Usually, I go out and buy a new one, but I knew that this time, I had one that was still in good condition that I still like. So, today I switched purses. I know, I know, you're thinking, are you kidding me? This is what your post is about? Well, in a way, yes.
I just wanted to give the outgoing purse it's proper respectful shout-out for a job well done.
I found this purse at Belk while on an extended lunch break from our Master's classes one weekend. While I was debating about buying the $40 purse or the $10 purse, my better judgment got the best of me and I went for budget instead of coming fashion trends. When I went to pay for it, the surprise was that it rang up for $1.99!! NO JOKE!!
So, I have carried this purse around for a couple months, using it as a mini diaper bag sometimes, as a snack-hider for movie-going, and countless other things that one would think a $2 purse just couldn't handle.

So, I am changing out purses, and wallets, and all other things in my purse, kind of like a spring cleaning, only it's not spring. And I can only hope that this next Holder-Of-All-Things "holds up" as well to the demands of my lifestyle as the outgoing HOAT.

Maybe this time I'll use the purse for good instead of evil. Or maybe it will make me a super mom like every other mom's purse I've ever seen.

Hmmmm... maybe that's a lot to ask from a fashion accessory.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

i have got to see this purse, and WHY DIDN'T you tell me about this bargain months ago?