Monday, January 01, 2007

Perfect

I couldn’t have trained him myself any better. I only wish that I could take some claim for it, but he’s smart enough that he doesn’t need my help, and he has perfected his skill better than I would have expected from him at his age. His gasps of excitement and surprise were at the exact right moment, only interrupted by giddy exclamations of “Oh, look at my present!” I promise to one and all that I did not prep my child on what to say when he opened all of his Christmas presents, he did it all by himself. I was tickled pink! In fact, everyone watching him open presents enjoyed a giggle or two. No matter whether the contents inside the wrapping paper were toys that he recognized favorite characters, or whether it was a book or clothes, it was the same reaction every. single. time. I was so proud of him that he figured out that the people giving him the gifts wanted him to enjoy them, so he showed them exactly how much he was going to enjoy the gift, even if Mommy or Daddy wouldn’t let him take it out of the box right then.
Needless to say, our Christmas holiday was incredibly fun. My child has found his inner actor, and he has been playing the part every day. We’ve been laughing so much that I have been writing down all the things he’s been saying that keep us rolling on the floor. I’ll post that one later. I have to remember the ones that I forgot to write down first.

No comments: