Friday, July 08, 2005

Things...

There are things that I know about my sister (lots of things) and things that I don't know about my sister (probably even more things).

There are things that I would like to know about my sister (what her heart desires), and there are things that I would not like to know about my sister (what she looks like naked).

Anyone who has a sister will understand these feelings, including my sister.

However, sometimes I think she forgets which topics should be part of the conversation and which parts should not! For instance...

Recently, we were discussing the fact that a certain lingerie store was having their semi-annual sale and that she had found pretty good deals on some over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders. I also decided that I needed to update my undergarment wardrobe and should go there as well. This kind of conversation is not irregular with the two of us, and we have learned to keep it pretty low-key, because my husband doesn't really like hearing about her undergarments. Let alone seeing them. Yes. she. did.

I stupidly asked my sister what her new undergarments looked like, and she proceeded to lift her shirt and show me! Now, this wouldn't have been a problem with me usually, because she has seen plenty of my undergarments and such with her being around so much when Micheal was little and still nursing. But, this was no such instance! There was only a small part of the support system made of opaque fabric. That is to say, I saw way more parts of my sister than I was ready for! If she had given me a little more preparation for what I was about to see instead of just flashing me all of a sudden, it might not have made such a stir, but OH. MY. GOSH!

My sister is definitely more endowed than I am, which I knew about way before she ever thought it appropriate to raise her shirt at me.

So, the next time my sister brings up certain topics of conversation, I guess I will have learned my lesson and I will either talk with my eyes closed, or not get on this topic before it ever gets to that point again. :)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

woops. i guess i can't show you my fancy new nursing bra with sheer panels and rhinestones on the nipples...

Melinda said...

Okay...poke fun, but in my defense...that seems to be a reoccurring theme these days...hum...I did tell her that you can SEE EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SEE THROUGH MY SHIRT!!! But for my inquisitive sister that is never enough, "but was does it look like?" So as any good younger, much younger, sister would do, I lifted my shirt to show her what she was wanting....little did she know that I had warned her....oh and Jonathan was so not in the room, but someone else brought the topic up to him...so whatever!! :) My mom already thinks she has failed me...what else is new! :)

Jennboree said...

hahaha..."much younger"...you little whipper-snapper.

Amanda Sue has seen the amazing feat of a breast pump pulling my nipples to ungodly lengths to extract milk for my precious little darling but that's about the extend of boobage peeking.

Hmmm...maybe that is worse.