When I was younger, there were many things that I wanted to do with my life when I was done with school and out on my own.
None of them, though, involved being poorer than dirt and living in the sticks.
Well, not that I'm starving or living beyond my means, we live comfortably and we get the things we want, eventually.
A few of my options, though, were jobs in the city, making lots of money, married to a man with even more money. Being able to go shopping when I didn't feel like wearing any of the clothes in my closet, things like that.
Sometimes I feel envious of those people that do live that way. And then I look at my life and the situation I'm in now, and I realize that God put me on the path that was exactly what I wanted, even if it didn't look the way I thought it might look. I have the means to live the way I like, I have a husband that loves me unconditionally, and I have been blessed with a child that God chose especially for me.
So, even when I am doing things in this little country home of mine that I would have never in a million years imagined myself doing, then I try to remind myself that it's nowhere near where I thought it would be, but there's nowhere else I'd rather be.
Happy 4th!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
mmkay... now is it okay to bring up the ticks???
If you have to, I guess that would be fine.
How has ticks!?!?!?! :)
lol....
JUST KIDDING.
Roxie had one on her neck, and while I was in the pool, she came to say hello to me, and I picked it off. Something that I never in my life would have imagined that I would grow up to be doing. Then I found another one on her leg. It was almost like weeds, once you find and pick one, you feel the need to keep picking them...
I know, I need help.
You know that it's not good to just 'pick' them off....there is a huge possibility that one of there heads could get stuck and then there is another infection that your poor puppy would have to endure!!! :)
Oh..and don't forget about the tick on Rowdy's eye! :)
Thanks... really...
Let's add more fodder for the fire. Anything else you'd like to tattle about on me while you can?
Oh wait... you know too much! Never mind!
Post a Comment