Last time I told you about how we brought home a new fish and the fish had babies. That was on a Friday. We went all week long watching the number of little babies diminish, very slowly, but lower nonetheless. Then, ten days later, we came home from church and I noticed that there was something different about the fish tank. I started counting little black dots again and found a total of sixteen little black dots.... WHAT? MORE? When I left that morning, there had been only eight babies left. Now she added another eight babies? Are you kidding? I called the pet store and was told by the man from the fish department that since she's the only adult in the tank, that it was "weird" that she had actually had more babies ten days later. "Weird?" That's all he can tell me? I mean, seriously, I already knew that! I think that this fish happens to be the Virgin Mary of all fish. Weird indeed.
I also think that all that procreation did something to my other two non-Black Molly fish. Monday afternoon, one of the minority succumbed, and then on Thursday, the other one expired.
As of this morning, there were only three baby fish along with the mother. Survival of the fittest, indeed! I guess I won't have to worry about finding homes for the rest of the babies, huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment