Now that I have a noticeable belly in front of me, seeing as I am six months pregnant, my balance is a little bit off. I am usually pretty good about compensating for this new difference in feeling, but yesterday it didn’t happen quite quick enough.
It was raining when Micheal and I were leaving the house yesterday, so I decided to go and put all of my things into the car before I came back to get Micheal and put him into the car. Since we don’t have a garage or covered carport, I’m used to this kind of thing, and have it down to an art. Almost. I had all of our stuff in my hands and I was trying to avoid the runoff from the roof of the house, while at the same time making sure that my feet found the treads that my husband put on the steps of the deck so that I wouldn’t slip and fall. Unfortunately, my foot didn’t find enough of the tread and I slipped off the step and landed knee down in the wet muddy grass. I also bumped my shin pretty good on the step while I was going down.
I didn’t land on my belly, and I didn’t even drop any of the things in my hand, but I did have to go back inside and change pants before I could leave again, seeing as how that pair was all wet and muddy.
Today, though, is a much worse day than yesterday. Yesterday, my leg just hurt a little bit where it hit the steps, but today, it’s forming a very large bruise, and the rest of my body is reminding me that I fell. I think it feels that since there was no one around to laugh at me when I fell, that it would make up for that and laugh at me itself. I just wonder how long it will feel the need to ridicule me. The older we get, the more it hurts to fall, I guess.
But, the best part… I told my husband about how I had fallen that morning, and the only question he asks is… “Well, did you cry?” To which I told him that I hadn’t, because I was just glad that I hadn’t fallen on my belly. Men are so considerate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think hubby-dearest needs to build you a carport!!
Post a Comment