Sunday, September 30, 2007

B-U-S-Y

It has been over a month since I have posted anything, and it is all because of four letter words. I told you that none of them were any good... I'll try to summarize as much as I can as quickly as I can.



M-I-N-D: My husband's Mamaw had brain surgery (to remove a tumor and hopefully slow down the process of dementia) at the beginning of the month, and we have been dealing with hospital, rehab and getting her home issues almost every day. Before the surgery, her mind was so lost that she was very upset with me for doing what I was told to do... it was really hurtful and mean, so I tried to avoid all phone contact with the outside world for about ten days. Unfortunately, my mother-in-law also was feeling the pressure, so I don't think there was a single day that I didn't talk to my MIL. Then there were the two weeks that my MIL stayed here in town instead of being in Dallas at her own house. Only one week of that was at our house, but she was still here. Parts of it were helpful, though, like when I didn't have to pick up Micheal every afternoon...

But, we're back to having someone at our house almost every weekend again, which makes for a very long month.



J-O-B-S: I really do enjoy my new job this year, and I know that I am way less stressed out about this job as I would have been if I had stayed at my old job this year. The hardest part is that it's a new job, so I am trying to get re-organized. I had my routine down to a "T" because I had five years to perfect it and know where everything was in my classroom. Now this is a new room with new things, and I am still trying to find the best places for things to go to make it easiest on me, instead of just throwing it in one place and trying to figure it out later.

I'm also teaching a college class on Thursday nights. It's called Basic College Math, but I am really teaching them how to add and subtract fractions and decimals. No lie. One woman is going back after being out of school for a while, and she says that her son likes to help her with her homework. I'm just glad that she's got help.



B-O-Y-S: My child keeps me running, and my husband is almost just as bad... :)

Micheal started AWANNA at church this year, and it is on Wednesday nights. So, starting Wednesday nights, we go to AWANNA, then Thursday night I teach, which means I just stay in town all day until it's time for class, then I finally get home about 9. Then Friday night is football night for my husband, so that leaves Micheal and I, and we usually go to play with Micheal's little girlfriend and her mommy, since their daddy is with our daddy. Saturday is almost a wasted day for me because there is so much to do that I'm overwhelmed and only want to sit on the couch and get fatter.

No comments: