Thursday, March 01, 2007

Drops of Death

My son has been unusually good about taking medicine in his short life so far, which is odd, coming from this mother who fought tooth and nail so that I didn't have to take medicine. Ask my mom. I've been so proud of him, because he'll even ASK for medicine if he doesn't feel good. Until today.
Today we took him to the doctor for his cough and congestion that has led him into pinkeye in both eyes. The first hard part was that our doctor is on maternity leave, and her husband was keeping up her appointments, so we visited someone we're not used to. Then it was bad because mommy had to hold him down so that the doctor could try to look into his eyes and his mouth, but it didn't work. Then, in order to get rid of the pinkeye, we were prescribed some eye drops. I didn't think anything of it, until my son fought it tooth and nail, almost crying so much that he was going to throw up. I remembered that feeling, and just did what my mom did. I got those dad-gum drops into his eyes anyway.
The best part?
I'm supposed to do that four times a day. No joke.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

poor baby!

oh, and poor, poor mama! hope he is better soon!