Monday, November 20, 2006

Good grief

I'm sitting here watching "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" with my child, wondering when the word "Stupid" was okay to use on a kids' cartoon show!
I remember watching Charlie Brown every Halloween waiting for the Great Pumpkin, and at Christmas, too, but I don't remember my mom sitting behind me reminding me that "we don't say that word" very often during one of their shows. But, here I sit, listening to words that I would rather my two-year old son not copy from the television show. What now? Am I only going to let him watch Little Einsteins and Wonder Pets forever and ever? I just don't know about this.

Today was an exciting day, though! We got our back sliding glass door replaced today, and it only took the guys six hours instead of about four. Our door was pretty hard to fit apparently. They kept trimming more and more off the frame, and taking more and more off the original hole in the wall to make the new door fit. Argh. But, six hours later, it is all done, and I am so excited to be able to see out my back door again!

What a great way to start off my break! I really needed a good thing to happen this week. Maybe tomorrow something good will happen, too!

3 comments:

Jennboree said...

We've come to the same conclusion about Charlie Brown. I guess we had limited cartoons to choose from? God Bless Noggin channel!

Everything about Charlie Brown is mean-spirited, only to redeem itself at the very end but not without insulting Charlie Brown at least one more time.

And the Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer one? Santa is a jerk!

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's just me, but it's been almost 2 weeks since your last post, and I'm going through withdrawals!! =) Erin

Michelle said...

I've been really busy... I'm sorry. Now, it's a little better, but it's going to get worse.
Hope this next post gives you a little tiny fix until next one.