Saturday, December 09, 2006

I Saw the Sign

While in my puttering around town the past few days, I have seen a sign on several business and church signs saying the same thing. I am not saying that I don't agree with what the sign says, I am just stuck on the order of the words.

The signs all say, "Keep the Son in your Eyes" and I just don't know if I like the way it rolls off my tongue.

I know that the gist of it is supposed to remind people to really Remember the Reason for the Season, but I just wonder whether it should have said Keep your Eyes on the Son.

I also know that most signs on churches are just supposed to make you think... like the one at the church that says "Sign Broken... Message Inside" but this sign that is at the car wash, on a church sign, and somewhere else that I can't remember right now.

Either way, I just would rather see signs that didn't make me question my ability to understand English.

Now, back into the car to finish the last bits of shopping before all the holiday travelling starts tomorrow.

No comments: