Friday, November 10, 2006

No joke...

On my way home tonight, I drove by a house with Christmas lights up around the edge of the roof and twinkling... along with a twinkling Christmas tree in the window. Is it time for that already?

I know that the stores already put out Christmas stuff even before Halloween was here, but that's going a little far for me.

We turn ours on about a week after Thanksgiving, whenever we can get a day off together to get outside.

What about you? Are you an early bird? Or do you just leave them up all year long and turn them on in December?

4 comments:

Jennboree said...

I start the week before Thanksgiving. Probably gonna do it this week because it will keep Isabella entertained and perhaps she'll start being good for Santa?

Amanda said...

I think it is ridiculous to start before Thanksgiving. I don't mind the stores putting stuff out so you can get an early start on shopping. Thanksgiving is Thanksgiving and should be celebrated the way it was intended, not with a Christmas tree in the background. Just my opinion. That won't even get you a coke out of a machine any more!

Jennboree said...

Guess I'm ridiculous :)

Michelle said...

No you're not!
You're just super prepared and creative when it comes to entertaining a two-year old!